This is a great side dish that can be paired with almost any main course meal! This is one of our all-time favorites, so why not try it out and let us know what you think.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 bundle of fresh green beans
- 1 pack of bacon, pick your favorite
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- A dash of soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- A dash of garlic salt
- 1/2 stick of butter
- First we make the brown sugar drizzle. Place the brown sugar, butter, soy sauce/Worcestershire, and garlic salt in a small sauce pan on low heat. Melt the butter so it creates a glaze, stirring occasionally so that it doesn’t begin to stick on the bottom. This usually takes between 7 to 10 minutes.
- Next, the bundles. Cut each bacon slice in half and wrap around a handful of green beans. We usually do 5-7 green beans per bundle. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle the finished glaze over each bundle.
- Place the baking sheet in a preheated oven at 350*F. Cook for about 25 minutes. To crisp the bacon up a little bit more, turn the oven to a broil for 5 additional minutes.
- Let sit and cool for a couple minutes. Then plate away!
A good main course to pair with these bundles is our Herb-Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Tomato-Garlic Sauce. You can find that recipe here!!